Monday, August 15, 2011

2 Months Old

Thomas is now 2 months old. I can't believe it! It has been a real whirlwind since he was born. Yesterday I attempted to create this post and I only got the pictures up. I was tempted to simply say, "Thomas is 2 months old and still crying!" It was one of those days where I couldn't put him down for more than 5 minutes before he started screaming. So, he spent the vast majority of the day in my arms, which means I didn't get a single thing done all day. While there are still days like that on occasion, Thomas' colic is getting a lot better. He takes a pretty good morning nap and only wakes once or twice in the night. Of course he is still sleeping in his car seat... the incline helps him a lot. Whenever we lay him flat in the bassinet or crib, he wakes crying within 5 or 10 minutes. Also, I had a friend make a sling for me which allows me to use both hands while holding him. He gets really fussy at the end of the day right when I am supposed to be making dinner, so it is typical that the only way to get dinner on the table by the time Brian comes home from work is to hold Thomas in the sling while I scurry around the kitchen! I often am very relieved when Brian walks through the door at the end of the day!

Thomas is much more alert now and we get to see his big dark blue(?) eyes often. He eats like a champ and is really porking up! He is much chubbier than Maybrie was at this age. He has a total double chin, chubby cheeks, and rolls on his thighs and even back! He is adorable. Though he has been a much more difficult baby than Maybrie (most would be, she was a total angel!) we are so grateful to have him in our family. I appreciate the sweet moments at the end of the day when I cuddle him before bedtime. (P.S. He is a HUGE cuddle bug!) It reminds me how much I love him and gives me strength to push through another day. Here are some recent pictures of him. I really need to take more, but I guess when Thomas asks why he has no pictures of this age I will just tell him that I chose to hold him to calm the crying instead of take pictures of him!

Look at how big I'm getting!

I love my pacifier!

I am getting a total out-y(sp?) belly button because my tummy is so chubby!

Double Chin
He has such a pig nose when I take pictures of him laying down- sorry little man!


Thomas just tried the Bumbo out, he likes looking around.

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! I sooo know what you mean by not being able to get things done. I had two colic babies and I would'nt wish that on anybody:( You know though, it does get better. My little Noah was like that for a good 6 monthes, then after that was so happy all the time. I remember times when I would sit down and just cry with them cause they just couldn't calm. It gets better though, trust me, I know;-)
    I love the double chin!!

    ReplyDelete