- I broke my foot and had to spend 6 weeks wearing a boot.
- Brian had to study a lot for dental boards part 1 and various exams at school.
- I had surgery to remove three hernias and the recovery was much harder than expected.
- Ezra has been really fussy cutting teeth.
- Thomas and/or Ezra have been waking way too early, like 6am, everyday.
- Maybrie's school bus has changed numbers and times so much it has forced me to drive her to school late several times.
- My parents flew my brother Spencer out to help me for 10 days. He provided tons of help physically, doing things I couldn't do because of the limited mobility of my boot, and mentally he kept me sane by talking and laughing with me. It was a wonderful visit and one I will cherish always. I love you Spencer!
- Brian passed his dental boards part 1 exam!
- I was still able to drive because I broke my left foot.
- It was a dry winter so I didn't have to worry about walking in snow with my boot on, and I didn't have to feel bad that I couldn't take the kids out to play in the snow.
- The two good snowfalls we received landed on the weekend so Brian was able to take the kids out.
- I had over a week's worth of babysitting and dinners provided by our ward's relief society and friends during and following my surgery. There is no way I will ever be able to thank everyone enough for all of the service given. I have amazing friends!
- I was able to hire a homeschooled teenager from church, Ellika Barlow, to help watch the kids and clean the second week out of surgery thanks to my parents financial generosity. Ellika was a total lifesaver and was just what I needed to help me slowly ease back into my routine.
- The kids and Brian have been healthy.
- I read some great books including the Dairy Queen series, Geek Girl, Big Little Lies, and Cinder.
- etc. etc. etc.
Thomas' first day in Sunbeams
Maybrie's 6th Birthday (Rainbow Art Party):
We ate lunch with Maybrie at school.
We had a hilarious time salvaging the birthday cake after the oven accidentally got set to broil!
Necklace making and cookie decorating
Indianapolis Motor Speedway:
Wearing converse New Lego beauty shop bought with birthday money
We love baby Westin Daetwyler!
We had a rare warm day and soaked up the sun at the park
Playing with daddy's new loupes
Rearranged bedrooms... moved Ezra in with Thomas and now Maybrie has her own room
Thomas fell asleep in the cart grocery shopping at Kroger!
Claire's 4th birthday party at a gymnastics place
Thomas fell asleep during primary
My friend Kelli took the boys to the playgroup valentines party
Daddy made us homemade valentines
Got to watch my nephew Garrek open his mission call to Colombia over the internet
Ezra's first encounter with snow