Thursday, March 16, 2017

It's ANOTHER boy!!!

The first half of this month, November, has been busy and eventful.
We were finally able to get Thomas in to see a dermatologist for his Molluscum (a virus that kind of looks like warts/zits on his skin) which has spread from his neck and stomach to his chin, arms, thighs, and knees. Poor guy has had it since July, and I am so happy to say that the new antibiotic cream prescribed is finally starting to clear it up.
I got to host book club at our house to review Geek Girl by Cindy C. Bennett. We had a fun discussion and girl talk.
On Wednesday, the 4th Brian and I were able to go to my ultrasound appointment where we discovered (very obviously) that we are expecting another boy! We weren't too surprised, but it still took me a minute to wrap my mind around having a house full of boys and how outnumbered Maybrie and I will be. Growing up with so many sisters I feel like I don't know much about boys. Apparently the Lord plans to qualify and teach me through them. Thomas wanted a "grill" because we already have a boy baby- Ezra, but he is so carefree he is happy to have another brother. We told the kids as soon as Maybrie got home from school. Thomas had just been woken from a nap (which he rarely wakes happily from) and we dumped blue balloons on them from upstairs. Maybrie excitedly shouted "We're having a boy!" while jumping up and down while Thomas ran away crying... not because he was upset about the gender, but because he wanted balloons with pictures on them! haha Soon all three kids were happily playing with the dozen balloons. Maybrie is excited to be the only girl since she will always get her own room and be the favorite sister/daughter! We are all looking forward to his arrival and feel grateful that he is healthy and will be joining our family soon.
Sunday the 8th was our primary program at church. As the primary chorister I was anxious to finally get it done, and so pleased with how well the children sang. It was also Thomas' first program as a Sunbeam. He was actually the first child to say his part into the microphone (which he loved). He spoke so clearly, "My name is Thomas and I know my Savior loves me." Maybrie did an excellent job too. She had to finish the sentence she was assigned by sharing her favorite prophet and why. She had it memorized and spoke so nice and clear. You would never know that two years ago she wouldn't utter a word or sing any of the songs out of shyness... We're so proud of how much she has grown!
This past week I taught Thomas' co-op preschool about Thanksgiving. I also got to chaperone Maybrie's school field trip to the state fairgrounds for a "Farm to Pizza" program. We saw animals, pretended to be farmers, learned about plants in the greenhouse, watched videos about real farmers in Indiana and made english muffin pizzas. Maybrie was so excited to have me there. I was grateful Maddie was able to babysit the boys so I could attend.
Yesterday Maybrie and I went to Sarah King's baby shower at the Kirkwoods. It was an adorable baseball theme. I had fun visiting with friends while Maybrie got to play with Claire and Jules. Last night Brian and I were able to go to Tucanos for his free birthday month dinner. The Daetwylers and McFarlands joined us. We had a great time... delicious food and good company. Later we watched a pathetic and disappointing BYU football game against Missouri... I should've read my book instead of getting upset watching it, oh well! I still love our team and want to decorate the nursery in Cougar blue.
The one bummer and frustration that has surfaced this week is extreme pelvic pain and leg cramps. I have been in so much pain, walking and getting around is getting very difficult. I may have to go to the doctor and see if I can get some relief this week. I can't be this immobile already at only 21 weeks! I'm hoping it gets better or that I can endure the pain better so that I can continue my duties as wife and mother for the next few months till the baby arrives.
Brian is trucking along at school, getting lots of points in working on many patients. He did his first two crowns this week (on front teeth) and they looked amazing! So incredibly proud of his hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment