Saturday, October 27, 2012

Brown County in the Fall

After hearing everyone here rave about Brown County and how it is a must-see in the fall, we decided that Brian's fall break would be the perfect opportunity to go see what all the hype was about. On Friday, Oct. 12th we drove just over an hour south to Brown County State Park... and it definitely lived up to our high expectations.
Here is the entrance to the park... doesn't it look reminiscent of a bridge in Anne of Green Gables? I love it!
Right inside the park we found a perfect little playground and picnic area. We found a table and made lunch while the kids ran to play. It was even better because we had the playground all to ourselves and there weren't many other people nearby. 
 The kids were pretty excited to find a fuzzy caterpillar with Brian.
Thomas actually kept petting the caterpillar and we were amazed by how fast it moved.
 Thomas loving the slide
 
 Playing in the leaves
 Maybrie
 The kids were incredibly photogenic all day... Maybrie giving Thomas kisses
 Sibling love!
 It was the most beautiful day, perfect fall weather!
 Thomas found a stick!
 Me & Brian
 Love the sunshine through the trees
 This fall outing was the perfect opportunity to give my new brown boots a day out.
 One of the lookout points
 Me and my kiddies 
(I know we match, it was not on purpose, but it totally looks like a planned photo shoot .)
 Just hanging out on a cute little bench along the walking trail 
(Seriously, how did I get blessed with such adorable children!? Love them!)
 Maybrie is becoming quite the photographer... she took this one of me, Brian & Thomas
 View from the trail
 Brian & Thomas
 After spending a few hours in the State Park we headed down the road a few miles to the quaint touristy town of Nashville, IN. I heard it described as like the town Stars Hollow from the show Gilmore Girls, and that's exactly what it reminded me of. There are tons of adorable shops and restaurants, and most of them were all decorated for Halloween. It was very charming and just fun to walk around. It is one of those places that looks like it is straight out of a movie. Here are a few pictures:




It was a fabulous day! I absolutely love fall, and this was a wonderful way to enjoy it. Brian and I both agreed that it was one of those perfect days where you wish time would just freeze. A day where you just enjoy your family and nature's beauty. A lovely relax and recharge day!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Summer. I like you guys :). A LOT! Thanks for letting me hang with Maybrie tonight. Oh and a special thanks for allowing me to see my future ;). (Referring to how excited you two got over your children's Christmas presents.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the fall, and it IS gorgeous there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all the pictures! Thomas is not a baby anymore. Tell Maybrie she did a very good job taking your picture. Brown County looks so fun. I am so glad you like it in Indiana. Sounds like you had a SAFE Halloween--great idea.

    ReplyDelete