Sunday, October 27, 2013

Super Saturday

Monday: Maybrie taught her first FHE (family night) lesson. I found a sheet of pictures of the story of Enos from the Book of Mormon. She spent the day coloring it and was excited to stand and hold the pictures while I whispered the story in her ear to share with our family. She has also started repeating the words when we read the illustrated Book of Mormon stories before bed each night. She is eager to learn and participate. Her "reading" at least keeps her focused on the stories instead of jumping on the bed while I read! I went grocery shopping by myself after the kids were in bed, and it was much easier than doing it with the kids. I think it is going to be my new norm.

Tuesday: We went to story time at the library. It was about dinosaurs... which Thomas especially loved. They had two (expensive) "digital littles" baby dinosaurs for the kids to pet. They were pretty cool, and Thomas couldn't get enough of them. We had the missionaries (all 4) over for dinner. We made pumpkin pancakes... so yummy and fall-ish. They were a hit! We always love have the Elders in our home.

Wednesday: Maybrie had preschool and learned about the letter G- groceries. She was pretty excited that they got to grocery shop with real food! It is always nice to have some alone time with Thomas and have a 2 hour break from the kid's fighting.

Thursday: We had a play date at Claire's house. Maybrie and Claire played so well together, which was awesome! Maybrie hasn't been very nice to her friends lately and we have been talking with her a lot about how to treat her friends. Thomas is good at playing by himself, only occasionally trying to be included in the girl's play. It was fun for me to visit with Holly too. I forgot to mention that Brian was called as the 1st counselor in the Young Men's presidency last week. He went to his first mutual activity this week and is looking forward to serving. I got to go in for his setting apart today and hear him bear his testimony to the young men today (Sunday). It was a neat experience. Nothing makes me happier than hearing my husband's testimony and watching him serve faithfully in the church.

Friday: We went out to dinner (a rare treat) to Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I've been wanting to try it for a long time now. I really liked the fries, but was a little disappointed by the burger- the bun was soggy and I didn't know that the regular cheeseburger comes with two patties, I would've ordered a little burger if I'd known. Then we went to the ward Trunk-or-Treat at the church, which was combined with the other two wards that meet at our building. I actually let Brian walk around with the kids while I sat and passed out the candy. I typically don't want to miss a moment of the kid's holiday experiences, but sitting down with a full pregnant stomach sounded like a better idea this year. Thomas climbed into the trunk after they went around... I think he was just as excited about the idea of passing out the candy as he was collecting it. The kids brought plenty of candy home.

Saturday: We had our Relief Society Super Saturday, which I was on the committee for. Brian was supportive and watched the kids all day while I went (it was an even longer day because I had to set up and clean up). He was a super dad and took them to the zoo for an hour, and put up with a lot of crankiness. The project I was in charge of for the activity was temple plaques (I made one with Jessica and Lisa's ward in Pasco two years ago... actually Jess made mine!). It was by far the most popular craft, but the shipment of plaques and prints didn't come in time... cause of my midweek meltdown. I felt so bad about it and definitely shed some tears. The supplies should arrive tomorrow and we are going to do them this Friday night. It ended up being no big deal. The RS presidency tried to compensate for the missing project by throwing in a bunch of extra activities- karaoke, manicures, facials, scarf making, bow making, and card making. I threw together the card making table... which didn't even get touched. Most of the extra things weren't needed, there was plenty to do. I actually only finished one of my projects there and need to finish the rest I started at home. I definitely would've gotten a lot less accomplished if I had been busy with helping make temple plaques. It was a really fun day and everyone seemed to have a good time. It was a lot of work planning/carrying out. I will be glad when the temple plaques are finished this week. I was in a lot of pain by the time I got home from the activity and I am realizing that I really need to be more careful not to push my body too far. I have to constantly tell myself to rest and take it easy. 
 Little mess maker
 Dinosaurs at the library
 Oh, I almost forgot! I made fried rice for the first time, and it was super tasty!

I love Thomas's expression in this picture. It's always nice to find them playing well together when I get out of the shower.
Five Guys


 They fell asleep watching football Saturday afternoon... such a sweet sight to come downstairs to!


  1. Sounds like a busy week. :) cute pics. I always liked seeing the kids nap with Jaime when they were babies too. Oh and FYI the fried rice is always better without peas. Hehe ;) miss you guys.

  2. I'm so looking forward to our super saturday here! I'm over due for a good craft outing... it forces me to get some done, otherwise I get stuck in a rut to slaving away at housel duties ;)