Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy Halloween!

This week I taught preschool. We did the letter I- Insects, though we threw in spiders too for Halloween. The kids had fun, though 4 year old's tend to scream a lot when looking at and pretending to be insects... my ears hurt by the end of the two hours! :) On Thursday we went to the Jenk's home for a playgroup Halloween party. Dawn always goes all out with her decor and food. The kids were supposed to wear their costumes, but Thomas's stiff, felt outfit is hard to get over his head and when I went to put it on him he said, "No! Hurt! Don't want it!" And Maybrie didn't want to do her hair or wear her wings. I guess after dressing up for Zoo Boo and then our ward trunk-or-treat the past two weekends was enough for them! Brian thinks we should wait to dress them up until the actual day of Halloween next year. Whatever... we had better weather for costume wear earlier in the month anyway. Because of the stormy weather on Halloween the city switched trick-or-treating to Friday night. We were already planning on going to Safe Halloween (trick-or-treating at the fire station) and since the event was moved indoors we decided to go ahead with our plans. We had the Kirkwood's and Pulham's over for Papa Murphy's pizza and then headed to Safe Halloween. The rain and wind totally picked up when we got there and we got pretty cold and wet waiting in the line outside to get in. Our umbrella even blew inside out. Once or twice Maybrie complained about the rain, but quickly stopped when we suggested leaving... she wanted candy! We only did a short loop and let Maybrie in the bounce house, the kids really did not need any more candy after the trunk-or-treat. When we left we got caught in a total monsoon! We all got drenched, Brian the worst. He was able to ring out his socks when we got home! It was pretty crazy, but we had a good laugh and the kids had fun so I guess it all worked out.

On Friday night I had the super Saturday make-up night to put together the temple plaques I was in charge of. The shipment of boards and pictures didn't come in time for the original event. This frustrating never-ending project threw another curve ball when we discovered that one of the boxes must have been dropped during shipping and we had almost half our boards damaged on one corner. Luckily we had exactly enough for those who attended that night. Those who just wanted to get the supplies and complete them on their own will just have to wait till we get replacement boards. The activity went well and the sisters loved how they turned out, which made me happy and almost made the headache of this project worth it. However, I was in quite a bit of pain by the time I got home and I ended up having several hours of contractions. I finally got them to subside by taking a bath, but I woke up Saturday morning worn out and concerned that baby Ezra was coming soon and I was not ready. I went into the hospital to stop contractions with Thomas at 35 weeks, so at nearly 34 weeks right now... I worried that the same thing might happen this time around. Once I was up for the day yesterday I quickly entered my planner/ must-be-prepared mode and made Brian help me get the baby's room all set up. That night I had contractions for about an hour or so after dinner and decided I better go to the hospital just to see if I was dilating and get everything checked out. Then the contractions stopped for a good half hour and I started to change my mind. I called the doctor and he said I better come in anyway. The contractions didn't pick up again while I was there and I haven't dilated at all yet. They also ran the test that determines if you will deliver in the next two weeks and it came back negative. I was glad we went in so I could have peace of mind. I now think that I can probably keep him in at least another few weeks till he is full term. I do need to take it easy though because I am still having intermittent contractions today and they always pick up when I start doing too much. So, now we are in the getting ready/waiting for baby mode around here... crazy to think we'll have another little spirit in our home in six weeks or less!
 Alphabet caterpillar... Thomas cracks me up!
(Maybrie not pictured because she bonked her head just as we went to take this)
 Playgroup Halloween party
 Trying to get a group picture of the kids... I didn't get in position to catch a good shot in time!
 Donut on string
 Cookie decorating
 Maybrie played dress up with Jenna and wanted to pose for a few pictures.

 Look closely, there are only a couple light dry patches left on him!
 Maybrie showing how wet the back of her leggings got (not that we can see!)
 Didn't even phase Thomas, he just kept saying rain and smiling!

 Maybrie got a package with cards, pictures, and a LaLaLoopsy from her cousins Afton, Maeryn, and Eliza. She was so excited and had to display them on the fridge!
 Helping daddy set up the crib... locked in jail!
 Of course the kids had to try out baby brother's crib... they approve! I think setting things up had the whole new baby concept finally sinking in for Thomas. He sounds so cute saying Baby Ezra! Can't wait for us to meet him. :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the name Ezra... that's my brother's name and I've always wanted to use it but didn't feel like I should cuz it's his... but like I said. LOVE the name :)