Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Trip Part 2

We stayed at my sister Hillary's house in Orem. The Easter bunny left the kids baskets on Saturday morning. Maybrie oo-ed and aw-ed over everything, and Thomas loved pulling everything out of his basket. We went to the annual Northridge Easter Egg Hunt at my parent's neighborhood. Maybrie got lots of eggs and even found one prize egg, I enjoyed seeing some old friends from my ward growing up, and we all enjoyed the free Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast.Later that afternoon we had a family Easter Egg Hunt in my parent's backyard. There were 20 eggs for each kid, so Maybrie ended up with plenty of candy. It is always fun to see the cousins playing and having a good time together. The weather was perfect too, which is always a bonus for outdoor activities!
Check out the loot!

Some of the men put together a picnic table for my parents and the kids enjoyed playing in the boxes!

That evening we had an adult night with my parents and siblings at the clubhouse at my sister Ashley's condo. We all grabbed food and treats on the way, ate, talked, and played games. We all got a good laugh playing charades! On Easter Sunday we went to church with my sister Hillary and her family. Then we had a festive ham dinner at my parent's house. There was so much good food over the weekend, both Brian and I felt like we gained ten pounds! Dinner was of course followed by more enjoyable visiting among the adults and running around for the grandkids (Maybrie and her cousins).
This is Maybrie in her Easter dress that Brian's mom made. This is right out of the bath... I forgot to take pictures of how cute the kids looked just before church... oops! Maybrie is holding her cousin Ruby's baby doll, one she decided to adopt during our stay, and one she was not happy about letting go on our last night! :)

Maybrie and Ruby relaxing after church, cuddling their baby dolls and watching Princess and the Frog.

These are the cute edible bird's nest decorations my sister's Jessica and Hillary made to decorate the tables for dinner. We had a wonderful Easter with my family full of good company, good food, and good weather! We hope you all did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment