Thursday, March 3, 2011

Couponing

So, this year I have tried to get into couponing to save some money. I started following some cool blogs that list great deals, and have been clipping lots of coupons. Since there are not very many stores close in this small town I decided to just try for the deals at two stores: Rite Aid and Safeway. The last couple weeks I have entered the "nesting" phase of pregnancy and have been on the hunt for good deals on baby supplies. Last week I scored three jumbo packs of Huggies diapers for $4 each (regularly $12). That's three packs for the price of one! Pretty sweet! Also, I have a rain check for 4 free Johnson & Johnson baby wash/ lotion to redeem. They were cleared out when I went to score the deal with the diapers, so I decided to ask if I could get a rain check for the sale price. I'm glad I asked because I was able to, and since I have a coupon for each one too... they will be free! Tonight Maybrie and I went while Brian was at mutual, and I am stoked about how well I did. Check it out!What I got:
  • 2 Aveeno lotions
  • 2 Aveeno moisturizers
  • 2 Aveeno Baby products (wash & lotion)
  • 6 toothbrushes
  • 2 Nivea chapsticks (1 not pictured because Maybrie would not give it up... it's her new "make-up" :))
  • 1 Softsoap hand soap
Cost before Wellness + savings and coupons:
  • $85.42
What I paid:
  • $33.21
Total Savings:
  • $52.21 !!!!!!
Pretty Cool huh?! :)

2 comments: