Monday, March 28, 2011

Tribute to Grandma Ruby

My dear Grandma Ruby passed away yesterday at 90 years old. I would like to take a minute and reflect on some of my favorite memories of her.
  • No one loved babies more than Grandma
  • She loved to read and was passionate about learning/education
  • She loved her family more than anything in the world
  • She sewed me many outfits for birthdays
  • She loved the outdoors and going camping
  • She always made me feel special and loved
  • She was a great cook
  • She was a romantic
  • She had a great sense of humor
  • She even slipped a swear word here and there!
At my wedding reception

Trying to keep warm outside the temple on my wedding day

Grandma holding Maybrie for the first time

I love you Grandma Ruby!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss, looks like she was a wonderful Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the world would we do without Grandmas!? What a sweet woman she seemed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Summer, I'm sorry. It's always hard to lose grandparents...even when they are getting up there in years. I just heard yesterday that my grandpa had a really bad fall. We're not really expecting much more time out of him, but he keeps fighting. I love your reflection of your grandma.

    ReplyDelete